Friday, March 27, 2009

PDA: Public Displays of Affection

I heart BYU... really I do.  Sometimes though... I wonder if I am invisible because people do the strangest things in front of me.  I am sitting in the Cougar Eat... on a Friday at 5:39 p.m. and next to me is a couple.  I am pretty sure they are freshmen.  Boy sits down with girl. Boy starts complaining about everything under the sky.  Girl patiently sits listening trying to be very kind and he continues to get angry with her about their plans for the evening and how is is SO stressed.  They both stand up and separately get their dinner.  Girl returns to the table with her food and bows her head to pray.  Girl is probably not only blessing her food but, also hoping that Boy will stop being mean.  Boy returns with his food and sits down but then asks her to stand up.  Girl stands like an obedient little puppy and they proceed to embrace. They stand by their table of food hugging and rubbing and touching and staring into one another's eyes.  I guess they made up.  Really???  They were SUPER awkward.  I wanted to yell.  Dear Boy and Girl... please don't spread your awkwardness to the world.  It could be contagious.  And... Girl run for the hills.

6 comments:

heidi said...

gag. the gaze gets my gag reflex every time.

Heather said...

ew.. i was uncomfortable reading that. I love the picture on the side of the blog!! I am so glad you came, that meant so much to me

Unknown said...

lol i hope we didn't do anything stupid in front of you :) we tried to by funny and nice ;) hahaha...poor girl though...talk about manipulation!!

Hannah Hubbard said...

Dani,
Thanks so much for the concern about Emma. She is doing very well. I am so happy for you getting into the Business school. You're amazing. Congrats. Oh, and... that's why I don't miss BYU sometimes... ha ha. Remember... " Dear friends on the grass, get a room. Oh wait, you can't because we are at BYU." Good days.

Britta Gray said...

she needs a lesson in feminism. let's teach the poor thing!

p.s. i love and miss you. i know you are super busy but i really want to skype with you. i get back to tmec on may 20th. will you be around?

Unknown said...

Danielle,

can you send me your address to send you a wedding invite :) ASAP please please :P