Saturday, May 10, 2008

Driving in Utah Warms My Heart

I drove to Salt Lake and back twice today... more like twice in 6 hours. I was glad to do it because I was able to see a friend that I love very much BUT I am pretty sure that I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs every 5 seconds. I contained myself pretty well... for me. Like my good friend Britta would say... I need to work on my road compassion. I used very mild language for me and only yelled a few times like... when I was almost merged into 3 times or when the motorcycles were going over 100 pass me on both sides of my vehicle or when i had to slam on my brakes because the person in front of me thought it would be a great idea to stop in the middle of the FREEWAY so he could not miss the 215 that was a whole 2 miles away. I am glad to report that I made it home safely, just barely! I mean... come on! Really Utah? Really?

Dear Utah,
Get your life together!
Love,
Everyone
P.S. I am not claiming to be the best driver, but I can recognize bad driving when I see it... and I saw it.

1 comment:

heidi said...

Dear California Driver,
I'm sorry that my state has such few good things to offer. My drivers blame the bad driving on you 'out-of-staters' but in my heart I know it is them. I apologize. To make it up to you, I will raise gas prices so high that you won't want to drive with them any more. That way you can run the risk of getting killed as a pedestrian.
Thanks.
Love, Utah